Sunday, August 3, 2008

Keeping the CV current

One of the challenges as you get more experience and your broaden your skills is keeping your CV (resume) up to date for when you apply for new roles.

I find this particularly problematic as I have both a technical side, a functional side and a strategy/consulting side.

Keeping track of the various roles and for each role the main strength and achievement got me thinking about storing and re-building as and when I apply for a new role.

Over the next weeks the plan is to build a repository with appropriate tags/labels that will allow me to pull the information onto a dynamic CV. This will allow me to better match the keywords in the job posting with a tailored CV for that role. Should help me get the foot in the door.

Watch for updates.

No comments: